Alaa Hashim is the Co-founder & Executive Partner of Transcendium, a leading boutique management services firm specialized in large-scale business transformations, buyouts and investment management. Alaa Hashim is an active angel investor who invests in startups inside and outside of the middle east region. He recieved his bachelors in Mathematics from the American University in Cairo in 1997.
Alaa currently serves on the board of directors of the following companies:
- Chairman of Delicious Inc.(Cilantro); a leading national coffee shop chain with 80+ Points of sale all over Egypt.
- MAC Carpet; leading Egyptian manufacturer and exporter , where he served as co-Chief Executive Officer from 2005 to 2010 and has been with the company since graduation in different capacities.
- B-Tech; the nation’s largest retailer of household appliances and consumer electronics
- Suez Bag Company (Hiedelberg-Italcementi group); Egypt’s largest paper bag manufacturer.
- Giza Seeds & Herbs; Egypt’s largest exporter of herbs and seeds.
- Cairo Airport Cargo Company; Egypt’s most modern bonded warehouse facility and cargo handler within Cairo International Airport.
Alaa also serves on the following Boards and Committees:
- Dean’s Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) of the School of Business at the American University of Cairo (AUC); previously as Co-Chair
- Egyptian Center for Economic Studies (ECES) - Egypt’s leading independent Economic think tank
- Egyptian National Competitive Council (ENCC) – Leading Policy advocacy institution
- Educate Me – Pioneering community based education innovator
- Egypt-US Business Council (EUSBC)
- Chairman; Entrepreneurship & Innovation Committee at the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt (AMCHAM).
Alaa Hashim previously served on the boards of:
- Pico investment; a local conglomerate active in the fields of financial Services, oil and gas, real-estate, agriculture and food service.
- Energya Group; a regional conglomerate with its interests in the cable, cement, steel fabrication, food service, education and financial services industries.
- Egyptian Resorts Company (ERC); Egypt’s largest master developer of 32 million square meter resort city of Sahl Hasheesh on the Egyptian Red Sea coast.
- Founding Member of the Egypt Vision 2030 initiative and a member of the board of trustees of the Egypt Vision Foundation (EVF).
- Industrial Modernization Program (IMP), Industrial Development Agency (IDA) and Foreign Trade Training Center (FTTC).
- The Egyptian-Brazilian Business Council, Egyptian-Italian Business Council and Egyptian-Kazakhstan Business Council.